9th Nov, 2009
This is one virtue which I am extremely happy, I possess. It is the fact that I, more often than not, tend to see the cup half full than half empty. At times, it can be a dangerous trait to possess. But, as mentioned before, I see it Optimistically :)
There can be many benefits of seeing the positive side of things and most have been listed by authors and scholars from around the world. I am none and can only refer to my experiences and thoughts. In one of my thinking conversations with myself, as always in the loo where most of my conversations with myself and my most extra-ordinarily provoking thoughts have come to me, I realized (divinity!!!) that without this one virtue I would rather become old by thoughts. It only this one positive thing that keeps me going – makes me see the positive side of things. It would rather be sad, from my view, if I start anything with the view that it won’t happen. I would have lost the battle and the war at the start itself. However, it would be stupid to think that anything is possible as well. So over-optimism is a killer and I need to be vary of this.
While moving to Canada, my thoughts lingered around what this move could do in terms of opportunities. Frankly, I had no clues or botheration for what it means as pay-check or how I am going to do it. I only thought, lets give it a shot – or may be that sub-conscious realization struck me now. And so far, it has meant a hell lot of learning. I have done mistakes, ranging from stupid and funny to semi-critical ones. I have faced the music. I have seen politics, external and internal. I have worked from 6 in the morning to 12 in the night – sometimes doing things which I am not supposed to do (mistakes as stated above). I have been stressed and burnt out. But all this while, the only thing that sub-consciously kept me going was my optimism. The desire to learn, the feeling to know that it is not impossible, the drive to achieve something that is not easy. I am not an out & out sales guy. Neither am I an extrovert. But, I am positive about the fact that I can do it and I believe (Nirvana!!!) that might be one of the reasons I was selected for this assignment.
Overall this one thing, Optimism-the ability to always try to look at the positive side of things, has kept me going. I have had bad days and good one. But it is the fact that at times, I had to dig deep and keep myself motivated that helped me. I am not sure if this alone can be the driving factor. But I am sure, this is a great positive which has helped me so far.
Coincidentally - I complete 5 months of being here later in the night :)
2 comments:
5 months..congrats!! I have a slogan to charge myself up, when I have to work late, i.e. beyond 7PM - "I.T sucks, fuck it!" You should device a 'charge-up' line for yourself to go around shouting when you're pissed off :)
Keep up the optimism.....atleast someone should possess this quality ;)
Post a Comment