It is a dream day. I have always thought of a similar day while I was in India. It is raining outside. The usually clear blue skies are covered with clouds. The Sun has gone in hiding. And I am on the higher floor of one of the high rises here viewing this beautiful sight. I always thought this as an ideal setting for some hot chai and crisp bhajiyas (the chai is replaceable with a few beers).But today is quite different. This day is still as beautiful as I have described it. The Chai is still, retaining its Indian flavour. There are no bhajiyas, but it doesn’t matter. What matters and makes the day different is the presence of friends to share the day with. The most essential and important part which makes the perfect day beautiful is the presence of friends. Without them, even the perfect the day losses its sheen. And that I realised only today.
Today, I have completed 2 months away from India. Time has gone pretty fast. It seems like I moved out of India only yesterday. I have been having my share of good fun here - From learning to eat Sushi with chopsticks, to tasting newer beers - From adjusting to sunlight till 10 in the night to wishing people good night at 3 in the afternoon, it has been a different experience. From climbing mountains to walking through gay streets (trust me, I was shit scared). I have been practising Salsa and all other forms of dance – I am sure my free style dancing would fit in some or the other form of dance. I have been churning great dishes (I tend to feel that I am a great cook-please ignore and don’t break the illusion). However, all this is quite different without friends. There is no fun in dancing alone – no matter how stupid I look while dancing. There is no fun in cooking without someone to cook for.
There are things which are dear and close to my heart which I haven’t been able to do here. Things like, going on crazy unplanned rides to gulping beers on golden beaches. The drunk parties in Mumbai to the ill-timed but frequent trips to Bangalore. Chicken Mussalam at Delhi Darbar and Fish fry & boiled rice at Thomas mess. The Hukka at home (courtesy Boka). Watching Lakshya for the nth time with Maadu, the stary nights at Khayati motors, drinking while watching world cup 2006 at Bacchus, going for Indian Ocean concert at Suatkal, first time at Downtown or the impromptu ride to Sula music fest. The trip to Bawa’s resort in Dahanu to sharing cigarettes to the annual parties at Naigaon. Somethings are meant to be done with friends – rather most things are and that’s what makes them the most memorable things in life. The days spent with friends.

Till the next time in for a wild party.
Cheers,
Rohan (having some local full bodied Shiraz red (don’t ask me what it means & listening to – Sabse piche hum khade!!!)
3 comments:
Surve, you should maybe watch the movie "Castaway" and make your own "Wilson" buddy in Vancouver!
i guess going away from india breeds bloggers....thats when i started bloggin too ;)
what! where was the "hukka" ...how did i miss it
Post a Comment