Thursday, May 7, 2009

Love 'Bullet'

My first close interaction with the Bullet was in Manipal. It was a Standard 350 belonging to my roommate, Conrad’s uncle (also termed as my foster father). At first look, it seemed too old, to be able to bear the high spirits that was part of us. The black Standard had almost seen 2 decades and wasn’t taken for a long spin in sometime. But inspite of all this, the bike looked Royal - The look of the king of the jungle (in this case road).

The first ride on the bike was a revelation to me. Though old, the bike had only matured. It retained the power, attributed with the Bullets, while making the most melodies Thumps. The power that I experienced between my 2 legs was similar to riding a horse. It was like being in control of a wild beast. An absolute control on the raw power of the machine was a high in itself. I knew this was a relationship was going to last long.


Over a period of time, I started riding for longer durations and longer distances. Rides to Kapu (Virgin beach, Manipal) and Agumbe (what sunsets!!!) had become a regular affair. During one of these rides, I realized the pleasure of feeling the wind cutting across my face and body. The pure pleasure of having cold air run through your hair, your body getting chiseled with the coming breeze is heavenly. Further on, I went ahead and did many more rides with my gang in Manipal (Aparna, Anna, Condy, Ashwin and sometimes Boka). Riding every Sunday morning at a new location became a norm. And with every such ride my love for the Bullet kept growing. This then followed by my longest ride so far – Kerela, 2007. This was the best and the most memorable ride so far. These rides left me determined to pick up my own Bullet.


This prompted my gradual rise from a ‘Bullet lover’ to a ‘Bullet lover and owner’. We (my girlfriend is an equal owner and might kill me if I take the credit by myself) bought our first (so far) bullet, Electra 350 4S (kick start), in November, 2008. This was amongst or may be ‘THE’ last right hand gear shift Electra sold in Mumbai. The pre-conditions while buying were that it has to be a right hand gear shift with kick start and it has to have a similar THUMP. It was quintessential that the bike came as close to the Standard 350. After all, that was the bike that induced my love for Bullets.


Being a proud part owner of a bullet, I am sure, our experiences will be closely revolving around our Electra 350.


Cheers,

Ride Safe!!!















No comments: